The Kitchen represents Spiritual Eating. How is your spiritual eating?
Many failures in the Christian life comes about spiritual starvation.
- Discover the importance of reading the Word of God n our relationship with God.
- Reflect on our priorities, hobbies, and practices.
- Heart check.
If you don’t know God, then you don’t know His ways of Bible. Likewise, if you don’t know the Bible, then you don’t know God.
Ever wonder why the Bible has no “About the Author” page? Because every pages of the Bible is about the author.
Why do we need to study/read/understand the Bible?
- To know the Father’s Love – The greatest story about Love is the Bible.
- To know Jesus is to know the Bible – Jesus is the Word that became life.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. — John 1:1
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. — John 1:14
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. — Matthew 4:4
- To know how to be His follower – The Bible is from God, for God, written by His men.
How Do We Read the Bible:
- Pray – ask the Holy Spirit to understand the Bible
- Read everything in the line where you find it.
- God’s book means exactly what is said – literally and symbolically
- Use Bible tools
How Do We Effectively Read the Bible:
- Quiet Time
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you. — Psalms 119:11
You can see the effectiveness of you reading the Bible when it’s applied in your life.
Tips From Bible Study:
When reading the Bible, eating the Word, eat it as an apple and not as an orange. Read systematically. Take up a specific study (i.e. a character, or a book)
WALK THE TALK. God bless!